- Applied Linguistics, Cook
- Introducing Applied Linguistics: Concepts and Skills, Hunston & Oakey
- Second Language Learning Theories, Mitchell and Myles
- An Applied Linguistic Approach To Discourse Analysis: Unpublished Ph.D. thesis by H.G. Widdowson, Department of Linguistics, University of Edinburgh, May 1973
- An Introduction to Applied Linguistics, Schmitt
- Applied Linguistics in Action: A Reader, Cook & North
- Conditions for Second Language Learning: Professor Spolsky explores the requirements for a general theory of second language learning, and considers the relevance of such a theory for language teaching. Department of Applied Linguistics: UEW
- Explorations in Applied Linguistics: Professor Henry Widdowson's collection of papers covers a range of theoretical and practical aspects of communicative language teaching.
Handbook on Second Language Acquisition, The, Doughty and Long
- Research in Applied Linguistics, Perry, Jr.
- Second Language Acquisition: An Introductory Course, Gass
- Synthesizing Research on Language Learning and Teaching, Norris & Ortega (Eds.)
- The Routledge Applied Linguistics Reader, Wei
- The Routledge Handbook of Applied Linguistics, Simpson