She is a lecturer in the Department of Agricultural Education and Extension, Egerton University, Kenya.
- She lectures in the fields of Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology.
- She also coordinates student educational visits and is involved in assessment of field attachment and teaching practice programmes.
- She is also the Departmental Examinantions co-ordinator, handling examination issues for undergraduate and postgraduate students. She has held the position for more than seven years.
- She is also involved in academic advising of students.
- She has a PhD in Agricultural extension, and a Masters degree in the same field obtained from Egerton University.
- She also has a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Education and Extension.
- She attended Alliance Girls High School in Kikuyu Kenya, for her secondary school education.
- Improvement of agricultural productivity of small scale farmers, especially women and marginalized groups along the value chain through effective technology diffusion and adoption.
- Working with rural women and marginalized groups to empower them to improve their livelihoods and household food security through improved adoption of agricultural innovations.
- Rural agricultural innovations and socio-cultural issues that affect agricultural and rural development.
- Gender in agriculture
- she has over ten years experience as a lecturer at University level
- She is a qualified graduate teacher in Agriculture and Biology, with good teaching skills.
- She has been involved in several committees at the University, organizing for workshops and seminars and has also served as a course administrator for a three weeks international course on Participatory Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- She once served as a consultant enumerator in a rapid evaluative analysis exercise for Heifer International (Kenya).
- She would like to increase her global exposure and make greater contribution through collaborative research and publishing in her areas of interest.
- She hopes to work more closely with rural people and agricultural extension service providers to improve agricultural productivity and increase food security.
She can be reached at Department of Agricultural Education and Extension, Egerton University, P.O. Box 536, Egerton, Kenya; Tel: +254-721-220-363; email: email@example.com.