Adventure Tour Guiding/Activities/The audience
Goals of Interpretation - The Audience
Tilden's Principles of Interpretation
1. Any interpretation that does not somehow relate what is being displayed or described to something within the personality or experience of the visitor will be sterile.
Interpretation opens visitors' eyes to a world they may have never seen before...but to do this you must first learn about your audience. How will you do this?
1. Provide two ways in which to gain information about your audience....now
- be able to demonstrate one of these ways
2. Now you know a little more about your audience (make this up)....
- start to develop a written list of props and tools you could use to gain and keep their attention and be willing to demonstrate one of these (bring a prop or tool) in the next session.
(we will combine these to make a list )
- Props and tools