AST1000/e-Learning activities/Europeans in Asia and the Pacific
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Europeans in Asia and the Pacific|
|6 - 7 hours|
|Linked to Assignment 3|
|Stimulus: Europe's colonial expansion|
- Begin with a general exploration of sources on European colonisation throughout the Asia-Pacific region. You should examine European perceptions of the region and its peoples.
- After some general reading on this topic, select a state that experienced European colonisation that you would like to focus on in more depth. Remember, you can use the Regional Relations Source Repository and the Recommended Reference Materials as a useful start for information.
- Begin more focused research on the impacts of colonisation on your selected state. You should explore and report on:
- the state’s experiences of colonisation,
- the impact colonisation had on the state,
- when the state gained independence and
- if there has been an enduring legacy from its experience as a colonised state.
- Write a summary of your findings (250-500) with full citation details of your sources.