\Lesson Objectives\Lesson Objectives
How to Write a Performance Objective
To write an objective you are required to include the following components
1. A condition
Examples of conditions include:
1. Provided with materials 2. Through class discussion 3. Using visual and auditory prompts
2. A phrase I would replace this as the"Actor"
Sample phrases include:
1. Students will be able to 2. Children will be able to
Performances refer to the expected observable behaviors of a lesson
These should commence with an action verb followed by a description of the expected behaviors
1. compare and contast living things 2. draw and label a diagram of a living thing 3. explain the importance of living things to human survival.
- This states the extent to which the learner mastered the performance.
e.g. 1. identify all the steps
2. ...solving problems by willingly help others who have difficulty 3.accurately...
The following is a sample lesson Objective reflecting the three guidelines:
Having observed short dramatization students will be able to: 1. Identify the steps taken in problem solving. 2. Show appreciation for strategies used in solving problems. 3. Calculate problems using the exchange rates provided by the teacher